Worx Wg309 Review We’ve always advocated the right tool for the right job and that’s why if you need to be cutting tree limbs [rather than your own] a pole saw is the ideal tool for the job.
If you’ve been searching for a hassle-free, safe and efficient tree pruning and trimming experience, then WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw & Chainsaw is just what you need. This amazing product has made its way to the best pole saws you can buy and here are all the reasons why:
It is a piece of purely electric-powered equipment which eliminates the need for mixing fuel or gasoline powered chainsaws. It is devoid of batteries running time limitations and is powered by an 8-ampere motor which provides adequate power for its smooth operation best-suited for light and medium pruning and trimming activities.
- Automatic oil pump and oil level indicator:
The “WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw & Chainsaw” has an oil tank capacity of 120 ml and the automatic oil pump with oil level indicator provides adequate lubrication thus preventing rusting of the device. The oil level indicator accurately indicates when to refuel the device thus easing the maintenance and prolonging its lifespan.
- Patented auto-tension chain system:
This is one of the features which prevents you from spending a couple of bucks every month by prolonging the lifespan and durability of this machine. It also enhances the efficiency and the running time of the machine.
- Easy assembly:
Assembling a machine or a device is the least favorite part about buying one, and this is where the 2 in 1 electric chainsaw and pole saw stand out. The saw requires no additional tools for its assemblage thus providing a hassle-free experience, especially for beginners. All you got to do is order it, receive it and get to work!
- Easily convertible:
The machine gives you the best of both worlds by functioning both as a chainsaw, and a pole saw. You can tell your ladders goodbye as the machine comes along with an 8-foot extension pole which allows you to reach up to the height of 10-12 ft. Conveniently. And it doesn’t end there; it further allows you to chop the pruned branches by converting into a powerful chainsaw with a mere click!
- Easy to carry:
Working with a regular chainsaw or a pole saw can be exhausting as some of them are too heavy to be used for long time intervals but not in this case. The saw despite being heavily powered, is extremely light-weight which prevents fatigue and exhaustion. However, when extended, most of its weight lies at the end of the pole which makes it difficult to hold for longer periods thus making it unsuitable for women or elderly.
- Rotatory handle:
It has a rotatory handle which enhances the quality of work and gets the job done in no time.
- Ergonomic and safe design:
This machine does not have the sleekest but yes, a very ergonomic design. The grip on the pole is soft yet strong and has been designed to minimize the weight issues. It has a very compact size and does not take up a lot of space.
What makes it stand out?
There are several features which make the 2 in 1 “WORX WG309 Electric Pole Saw & Chainsaw” distinct from other pole saws.
Firstly, its powerful 8-ampere electric-corded motor eliminates the need for gasoline-powered saws or fuel mix up. It is not limited by the running time of the batteries, and the 8-ampere motor is responsible for its fast and smooth operation.
Secondly, its patented auto-chain system which enhances its efficiency reduces its maintenance cost and makes it durable and long-lasting.
Thirdly, the automatic oil pump with an oil tank capacity of 120 ml provides automatic and optimum lubrication to prevent the rusting and wasting of the device thus prolonging its lifespan. Also, the oil indicator keeps you updated about the oil level in the oil tank thus easing the maintenance.
Fourthly, the super-easy tool-less transition from a chainsaw to a pole saw is one the most striking features that grabs your attention which allows you to prune or trim the highly situated thick branches while standing on the ground using a pole saw and chopping them later with the chainsaw.
Lastly, the ergonomic design ensures easy handling and safety along with non-strenuous work which allows you to work for a much longer period of time.
- 8-ampere electric motor
- Patented auto-chain system
- Automatic oil pump
- Rotatory working handle
- Tool-less assembly
- 8-foot extension pole
- Easy tool-less transition from chainsaw to a pole saw
- Oil level indicator
- Lightweight and compact in size
- Ergonomic design features soft yet strong grip
- Type: Electric corded
- Motor: 8 ampere
- Patented auto-tensioning chain system prolonging the lifespan
- Automatic oil pump with oil indicator
- Oil tank capacity: 120 ml
- Extension pole: 8 foot
- Dimensions: 42 x 8 x 9 inches
- Weight: 10 pounds
- Function: 2 in 1 chainsaw and pole saw.
- Transition: tool-less.
- Assembly: tool-less
- Working handle: rotatable
- Bar length: 10 inch
- Warranty: 3 years.
- Lightweight and compact in size
- Powerful 8-ampere motor
- Easy tool-less assembly
- Two saws at the cost of one, i.e. the easy transition from a pole saw to a chain saw.
- Auto-tensioning chain system- enhances the machine’s efficiency and makes it long-lasting.
- Automatic lubrication prevents rusting of the device thus prolonging its lifespan
- Oil level indicator accurately indicates the oil levels thus easy maintenance
- No ladders required
- Less noisy as compared to gasoline-powered saws
- Ergonomic design prevents straining of muscles
- No battery-limited running time
- The corded device, therefore, is not highly portable
- A good quality extension cord may be required
- If not stored properly, oil leak can occur
- Heavy at the end when extended thus making it difficult to use for a long period of time
- The knob is very heavy can turn in a specific direction after hitting a solid surface. This happens rarely, but one needs to be very careful and attentive.
What Other Reviews are Saying
Most users were happy with their purchase, enjoying its ease of use, though some did mention that it was a bit heavy and that the chain needs to be regularly tightened.
The convertible chainsaw function was found useful and saved breaking out a big chainsaw to cut up the branches that had been cut. Reviewers also found it a lot less noisy than other power tools they had used.
If you are looking to take on light to medium cutting jobs around your backyard then this pole saw is a good affordable option. While the chainsaw won’t out perform its stand alone counterparts its a handy option for cutting up small branches once you’ve got them to the ground.
All in all this is one of the better electric options on the market. If you’ve read this WORX WG309 review and are still on the fence, check out some of our other pole saw reviews to get a broader picture of what’s available.