Last Updated on: 13th December 2020, 04:20 am
If you are a budget-conscious woodworker or home DIY enthusiast and want the benefits of a track saw system but without the high costs, then the Kreg Accu-Cut is worth exploring. To save you time and effort we’ve done the research on this affordable track saw alternative so you don’t have to.
In this review, you’ll discover everything you need to know about this useful tool. You can use the Accu-Cut with any standard circular saw to allow you to make accurate cuts in sheet goods at an affordable price.
If you are a home woodworker, you’ve probably heard of the Kreg brand before and may have already purchased Kreg products before. They’ve been in the business for over 30 years and have a great track record for producing quality woodworking tools and solutions.
Specifications of the Kreg KMA2700
As an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases
- Weight: 5.05lbs
- Dimensions: 27.5 x 8.75 x 2.5 inches
- Material: Aluminum, Polymer, and PVC
- Aircraft-quality aluminum guide track with dual anti-chip, anti-slip guide strips
- Saw Sled is compatible with left- and right blade saws
- built-in indexing stop and precision cursor
- Cut Length: 48 Inches Maximum
- Warranty: 90 Days
- Universal Saw Sled
- 26.5Inch Aluminum Guide Tracks
- Track Connectors
- Starting Block,
- Track Indicator Clip,
- Setup and Usage Instructions
Features of This Circular Saw Track
Kreg Accu-cut is amongst the sturdiest, and feature-rich circular saw track guide systems out there. It not only ensures your circular saw delivers accurate cuts; it comes with the flexibility, safety, and mobility needed to enhance woodworking proficiency. If you have a corded or cordless circular saw it will work with either.
- Kreg Accu-Cut has a strong, high-quality aluminum track that keeps the saw aligned along the cut line without manual intervention.
- It features dual anti-slip guide strips that eliminate the need for clamps.
- With the anti-slip coating, the users can bid farewell to the fear of slipping or deviating from the cut line while using the saw.
- One of the common problems with using a circular saw is the splintered cuts. The Accu-Cut circular saw track system has an anti-chip feature, which efficiently prevents splintered cuts.
- Accu-Cut is compatible with most circular saws, allowing you to enhance the capabilities of a regular saw to a precision cutting device.
- It comes with a starting block and a splinter strip, which prevents the saw from sliding and ensures accurate splinter-free cuts. It greatly helps with improving accuracy and stability while handling saw and makes set up almost effortless.
- Kreg Accu-Cut has an adjustable stop, making it easier for users with a single saw to use it on the base and for freehand cutting without having to realign the blade every single time.
- The package also includes a Track Indicator Clip.
- There is an anti-splitter strip running alongside the rail system, which allows for straight and precise cuts. The saw cuts through the material the first time to ensure the blade aligns well with the rail system going forward.
Benefits of The Kreg Acu-Cut
- It’s is the perfect Circular Saw Guide Track System for the novice as well as professionals.
- It allows users to make a variety of cuts efficiently without hassles or errors.
- Ideal for inexperienced users as there is no need to guide the saw manually along the cut line.
- It is portable and easy to set up and use. Accu-cut can be termed as one of the most user-friendly saw track guide systems out there.
- This Circular Saw Track System makes it easier for the users to make angled cuts to 50 inches long in a variety of large panels, including plywood, MDF, and more. The users can also perform crosscuts and rips with this system.
- As it is portable, it offers the benefit of mobility to the users. Instead of handling heavy sheets on the table saw, it can be set up directly at the workpiece to make desired cuts accurately.
Pros and Cons of the Kreg KMA2700 Circular Saw Track
The advantages of investing in the Kreg Accu-Cut outweigh the disadvantages but a long stretch, but for a balanced review, we should highlight the good and the bad so that you can make an informed decision.
For people who want to upgrade their ordinary saw into a comprehensive and robust rail system, Kreg Accu Cut is an ideal option. If you’ve any doubts about this circular saw track guide system or why you should go for it, here are the few pros that would help you make an informed decision.
- It turns your ordinary saw into a precision rail system for accurate and straight cuts.
- It is easy to use and set up.
- Perfect for beginners as well as professionals.
- Made from high-quality aluminum.
- It has a two-piece rail system that allows you to make cuts as long as 50 inches.
- The pads on the bottom of the track ensure the saw doesn’t come in contact with the stock. It means there wouldn’t be instances of scratching on pre-finished material or veneer plywood, for that matter.
- It is available at a highly economical price compared to other variants in the market. Users can enjoy the benefits of a rail system at a fraction of the price with Kreg Accu-Cut.
- Kreg Accu-Cut doesn’t require clamps to keep the circular saw track in place. It speeds up the process of resetting the track, especially when doing multiple or repetitive cuts.
- Kreg Accu-Cut comes with a comprehensive instruction manual, which makes installation and handling seamless.
- The track is compatible and works well with both the right-blade saws and left-blade saws.
It is no secret that every product has a few shortcomings, some more than the others. Kreg Accu-Cut is an ideal saw track guide system, but there are a few minor cons that need mentioning, such as –
- The maximum cut it offers is restricted to 50 inches, so it might not be ideal for users looking for longer cuts.
- Kreg doesn’t offer any additional joining pieces or rails for longer cuts, and expansion tools need to be bought separately.
- The slop between the sled and the track may come across as a bit too much for some users.
Kreg KMA2750 ACCU-Cut Expansion Pack
As noted above, one of the downsides of this tool is that you are limited to maximum cuts of 50 inches. However, there is a solution if you need to make cuts up to twice that amount. The Expansion pack allows you to make the same straight, accurate cuts up to 100 inches.
What Do User Reviews of the Accu-Cut have to say?
Most reviewers agree that this is an excellent product that is easy to use and recommend it to home woodworkers. One user mentioned that there was a little slop between the track and sled and he used corrected the issue by using a couple of bits of friction tape to take up the gap.
While if we had the money, a dedicated track saw or even a table saw might be preferable. For those who only need to use a track system from time to time or novices who want an easy solution to rip cut, crosscut, and make angled cuts in large panels such as MDF and plywood, this is an affordable alternative. We hope this review has helped your buying decision, and please explore the rest of our site for more information and reviews on the best saws and tools for your home.
Does this system work with all circular saws?
The Kreg KMA2700 is designed to be compatible with most standard 7 1/4 inch circular saws
Does the Kreg KMA2700 work with JigSaws?
No, it isn’t compatible with jigsaws
Can you make plunge cuts with the KMA2700?
Unfortunately, it’s not able to make plunge cuts.
Can it be used with both left and right-handed saws?
Yes, it can be used with both.